Ministry to the Sick
Extraordinary Ministers of the Holy Communion are called in a special way to minister to those of our parish community due to illness or are homebound.
What are the requirements?
- Must be a practicing Catholic who regularly receives the Sacraments and is in good standing with the church.
- Works under the direction of the "Director of Ministry to the Sick".
Must pass a background check and must meet all applicable requirements and directives of the Diocese of San Bernardino and our Bishop.
- Training is offered on the local level and also by the Office of Worship of our Diocese.
While our infirmed and homebound parishioners cannot be one with us around the table of the Lord at our Eucharistic Liturgy, we send out Extraordinary Ministers to them that they might share in the healing power of the Bread of Life.
We invite those members of the parish who feel called to serve in this ministry to come forward and make themselves known to the Director of Eucharistic Ministers/Ministry to the Sick, Victor Chouinard (760-408-6295).
- Bereavement Ministry
- Carmelite Seculars
- Catholic Men's Fellowship
- Cenacle of the Marian Movement of Priests
- Christians in Commerce
- Companions Visitation Ministry
- Divorce Recovery Ministry
- East Valley Outreach Program
- Eucharistic Adoration Ministry
- Eucharistic/ Lector Ministers
- Fellowship of Catholic Christian Women
- Greeter Program
- Hospital Ministry
- Kairos Prison Ministry
- Life in the Spirit Ministry
- Little Rock Scripture Study
- Men's Club
- Ministry to the Sick
- Music Ministry
- Prayer Chain
- Programs for Spiritual Development
- Sacred Heart Guild
- Sacred Heart of Joy Prayer Group
- Sacred Heart Sacred Golf Ministry
- Secular Franciscans
- The Sacred Heart Read With Me Ministry Reading Program
- Usher Ministry
- V Encuentro
- Youth Ministry